Ever want to shake things up a bit? Maybe create a buzz in your home? I have just the thing for you. Here are 9 great decorating ideas that are not labor intensive-guaranteed to please every husband. The ideas are so easy and will help you see your home’s décor in a whole new light!
1. For a quick side table, use a luggage rack. There are so many attractive styles that will fit well with any décor. Top it with a tray or your favorite book collection for a decorative look. They are great to have in the guest room for luggage.
2. Perk up your guest bathroom. Roll up some nice hand towels and put them in a basket on the countertop. Add a decorative trim or tassel fringe to the bottom of a readymade shower curtain to get a true custom look.
3. Move your decorative accessories to different rooms than where you now have them. Add a beautiful placemat or a metallic charger plate underneath. In a new location with some spark added, they will seem brand new.
4. Replace the plain finials on your lampshades with decorative ones. They are available in crystal, metal and marble finishes and add such a nice touch to your lighting.
5. Bring in fresh flowers. This is so simple yet it can have a powerful punch. Many stores now offer pretty bouquets at a very reasonable cost. Your home will be fresh and welcoming for your guests and your family.
6. Create some spaciousness in your home by replacing bulky wood tables with open, glass-top styles. End tables, coffee table and dining tables with glass tops will definitely open up your rooms.
7. Get a new lamp. New styles range from some that have attractive sculptural bases to clear glass forms. Just think of the different fillers you can use – shells, beads, etc. – to create just the right mood for your rooms. Even seasonal holiday decorations can be displayed in there.
8. Show your personal flair just a little! That paint color and unique fabric you have been dying to use in your home can be added in small ways such as throw pillows or painting accent walls. You will get the punch of pattern and color that will work fine with your existing décor and not seem overwhelming.
9. Add a little fun to a conversation area by using a super fluffy shag rug in either your favorite color or a soft creamy white. It’s that unexpected touch that can really set an area apart.
Well there you have it. Are your creative juices flowing yet? Pick your favorite from the 9 for the next rainy fall weekend day. Love your home all over again.
Originally posted 2011-11-12 06:27:36.