Chic and Stylish Modern Ideas for your Home
For a complete home makeover and for decorating the house interior, there are various options for homeowners to try and explore. Bid adieu the age-old style of home interior and replace it with a modern elegant style. For DIY’ers or do-it-yourselfers, changing the overall look of a house from within might seem difficult in the beginning. Many things have to be taken into consideration like how to beautify the walls, the floor, and the kitchen cabinets.
While fully renovating the house interior, it is equally important to decide on the type of furniture as well as the wall curtains to be used. Mentioned below are ideas that may help homeowners in their interior decoration endeavor and offer their home a unique look as never before.
1. Enhance the look of walls using textured wall-coverings: Textured wall-coverings ranging from printed linens of floral pattern to painted silks to that of sisal, grasses, jute, rattan or bulrush, all of them add warmth and opulence to walls. Beautifying the look of walls with glittery surfaces is another trend gaining popularity. Homeowners may hang them on the walls by self. Quality papers placed on top of lining papers also work well. Put off central heating for the glue to dry evenly and naturally.
2. Consider modern rugs or floor-coverings for the floor: Rugs come in several designs, colors and textures. They dominate the floor space lending it beauty. DIY’ers need to place the rugs artistically. Modern-day shaggy rugs possess a hairy and unkempt look and are available in numerous designs like Contemporary, Persian, European and Native American. These cosy rugs, which are durable, add style and warmth to the interior of a house. Wool of different types like leather, felt and silk go into the manufacturing of shaggy rugs.
3. Pick furniture of the right type: These days, every homeowner looks for furniture that is of stylish materials. Among the many available types, glass furniture that is much in demand is indeed worth considering for home interior. Desks, plasma stands, dining tables and much more items made of glass truly define the furniture in the house. These modern pieces of furniture make the house look more attractive. However, since they are made of glass, each piece has to be handled properly. Standard furniture of glass looks trendy and innovative.
4. Reface the kitchen cabinets: This is another stylish idea, which homeowners may try for decorating their kitchen. It involves addition of new faces or doors, replacement of hardware and improving the kitchen framework. Try resurfacing exposed areas of older frames with matching wood, paint or by installing laminate veneer on them. The veneer types are maple, cherry and oak, each with varying thickness and stains. Refacing materials include plywood, wood veneer and wood laminate. Shop for complementary kitchen knobs, pulls and cases.
5. Include ready made curtains: Curtains beautify the house interior. Choose curtains of extra-long size as they make a room feel much spacious and airy. They are also available in various cloth types such as velvet or silk, from the pricey to inexpensive ones. With lengthy curtains, a room’s ceiling appears higher.
More Related Articles
In this article, we will share how to incorporate modern bathroom ideas for your home. These small bathroom ideas can make your home more comfortable and worth living. Having small bathroom in the houses can make you feel lively and good. Creating a good idea for the bathroom could be a difficult idea, but with [...]
After finishing tiling for your floor or wall, the next step is to clean the dust and residues to avoid stains which will be hard to remove later. Here’s how you can clean the newly installed tiles easily: Things that you will need Hydrochloric Acid Maintenance Product or Alkaline Detergent Sponge Gloves Cloth Bucket Water [...]
Whether you are a fan of bohemian style, contemporary or traditional style patio, here we will let you know the best option for you. Starting from colors to furniture, with these decoration styles, you can select what is best for your home. Commencing from Bohemian to traditional to contemporary to oriental, a range of patio [...]
We spend most of our time in sleeping, which makes the bedroom one among the most important rooms of our home. The home serves several purpose, sometimes dining, meeting, children get together, etc, which ultimately create the bedroom a mess. Hence, here we offer you certain tips on how to organize the bedroom effectively and [...]
Decorating a bedroom in budget, may seem to be a difficult task on the surface level, but in reality it is not so. By keeping few points in mind, you can décor the bedroom beautifully without spending huge money. Add bedspread in the bedroom It is often the most neglected part in any bedroom especially [...]
Are you struggling with issues of less space, poor lightning, for a while? If your answer is resounding yes, then here we present solution to this creeping issues. These solutions are answer to most common apartment problems that you might face. Problem No 1-Minimal amount of Storage Space Whether you live in amazing one bedroom [...]