Chic and Stylish Modern Ideas for your Home
For a complete home makeover and for decorating the house interior, there are various options for homeowners to try and explore. Bid adieu the age-old style of home interior and replace it with a modern elegant style. For DIY’ers or do-it-yourselfers, changing the overall look of a house from within might seem difficult in the beginning. Many things have to be taken into consideration like how to beautify the walls, the floor, and the kitchen cabinets.
While fully renovating the house interior, it is equally important to decide on the type of furniture as well as the wall curtains to be used. Mentioned below are ideas that may help homeowners in their interior decoration endeavor and offer their home a unique look as never before.
1. Enhance the look of walls using textured wall-coverings: Textured wall-coverings ranging from printed linens of floral pattern to painted silks to that of sisal, grasses, jute, rattan or bulrush, all of them add warmth and opulence to walls. Beautifying the look of walls with glittery surfaces is another trend gaining popularity. Homeowners may hang them on the walls by self. Quality papers placed on top of lining papers also work well. Put off central heating for the glue to dry evenly and naturally.
2. Consider modern rugs or floor-coverings for the floor: Rugs come in several designs, colors and textures. They dominate the floor space lending it beauty. DIY’ers need to place the rugs artistically. Modern-day shaggy rugs possess a hairy and unkempt look and are available in numerous designs like Contemporary, Persian, European and Native American. These cosy rugs, which are durable, add style and warmth to the interior of a house. Wool of different types like leather, felt and silk go into the manufacturing of shaggy rugs.
3. Pick furniture of the right type: These days, every homeowner looks for furniture that is of stylish materials. Among the many available types, glass furniture that is much in demand is indeed worth considering for home interior. Desks, plasma stands, dining tables and much more items made of glass truly define the furniture in the house. These modern pieces of furniture make the house look more attractive. However, since they are made of glass, each piece has to be handled properly. Standard furniture of glass looks trendy and innovative.
4. Reface the kitchen cabinets: This is another stylish idea, which homeowners may try for decorating their kitchen. It involves addition of new faces or doors, replacement of hardware and improving the kitchen framework. Try resurfacing exposed areas of older frames with matching wood, paint or by installing laminate veneer on them. The veneer types are maple, cherry and oak, each with varying thickness and stains. Refacing materials include plywood, wood veneer and wood laminate. Shop for complementary kitchen knobs, pulls and cases.
5. Include ready made curtains: Curtains beautify the house interior. Choose curtains of extra-long size as they make a room feel much spacious and airy. They are also available in various cloth types such as velvet or silk, from the pricey to inexpensive ones. With lengthy curtains, a room’s ceiling appears higher.
More Related Articles
For a complete home makeover and for decorating the house interior, there are various options for homeowners to try and explore. Bid adieu the age-old style of home interior and replace it with a modern elegant style. For DIY’ers or do-it-yourselfers, changing the overall look of a house from within might seem difficult in the [...]
The home is an extension of yourself and an outlet for your personality, style and personal flair. Therefore, if you are fun-loving, quirky person, you home should be too. Banish the so-called rule book of decorating and stay true to one rule that should never been forgotten when personalising your home; there are no rules. [...]
How about a bright look of the home with some dark colors? People are usually scared of flaunting with darker shades be it the wall colors, accessories, furniture and the lights. A careful combination of dark and light colors can give an excellent look to the home. Bedroom, dining room, living room and kitchen are [...]
Interior designing has become a crucial aspect for most of the homeowners these days, especially when it comes to kitchens. Planning the interiors carefully helps to keep the space clean and absolutely uncluttered. However, it is believed that kitchens are one of the most expensive rooms to be planned, which is true. Most of the [...]
Maintaining wood flooring in the correct manner will have a significant affect on its durability and service life. Made from a natural product, wood be it hardwood or softwood should be professionally treated whenever possible. Furthermore, flooring that has been badly maintained could open a can of worms from flooring slip and fall type accidents [...]
Kitchen is one area of the home where people like spending hours learning new dishes and doing different experiments with cooking. What if this place is not worth admiring? Kitchen design has to be set taking into consideration a number of factors including the cost. The art of decorating this place might seem tedious but [...]