Most of you would be bored of the same monotonous look of your living room. Don’t you think it requires some changes? If you are thinking of changing the looks of your home then to give a grand start you may prefer to initiate with your living room. This part of your home needs extremely careful designing and at the same time can be done easily. Several factors need considerations like your furniture, wall colors, curtains, flooring and of course the lightning aspects need to be given a thought.
Few interior designs and some new ways of furnishing can make your living room look always fresh and new. Before you begin with redecoration prioritize the budget, this is really important else you might regret later.
• To begin with you may think of changing the wall color. This will be a great idea as it would impart an original look to the room. Gone are the days when people use to have their walls painted only in neutral and light shades. To be more innovative you can add darker shades of green, black and even red is picking up trends. You may think of adding some patterns to walls. The use of contrasting shades will give an elegant look to the space.
• Another great idea to give a modern look to the room is changing your furniture and this can be done really easily. The contemporary look aims to add more space to the room thus to give more space it is not necessary that you need to include less furniture. Replacing the huge living room sofas with modern day low lying sofas will serve the purpose. These are acting both as beds and sofas and thus will save a lot of space.
• Leather and Italian style sofas are a great option. Depending on your liking for colors you may buy among the variant shades. Nowadays cherry red and black shades are popular leather furniture for the living areas.
• Next step to great interior would be the curtains. It is not just the design and color that needs replaced but using some different fabric for the curtains will also redo the place. Cotton, silks, interlining fabrics, wrap- knitted curtains, embroidery types all are fabricated these days. Plethora of colors, designs, fabrics and patterns are available in the market. To give a new look you may either choose to add light shades like white, brown, blue but these days people have been found flaunting with brown, red , black and other dark tones.
• The kinds of accessories that are being used in the living room are also important. People often add their favorite photos and paintings to give a personal touch. This can be modified using simple, clean and less curvy type photo frames which will give a more sparkling and organized look to the room. Using some simple lamps and chandeliers that are unique and small will give bright appearance as well as less cluttered look to your room. Apart from this, to give a green and fresh look you can always add some room plants to the living area and keep the area fresh.
Originally posted 2013-07-20 07:02:32.