When it comes to interiors, most of the people reflect upon embellishing their living space, bedroom, kitchen and bathrooms, but laundry rooms are always neglected. To facilitate the homeowners in making their laundry space absolutely well-organized, we have tried to compile all those essential aspects which should be considered properly while designing the laundry rooms.
If we make an estimate, then you might be spending almost seven hours a week in your laundry room, but you might have hardly thought about making this space inviting. Right!!! Well, if this is the case, then here are some tips and ideas which can help you make your laundry space more efficient to work.
Well-Organized Laundry Rooms
• The first and foremost aspect is flooring. In laundry rooms, most of your job is done using water, so it is very crucial to choose a right kind of flooring for the room. The floor must be kept dried and anti-slippery always, so as to work more proficiently and save time while accessing different parts of the room.
• Storage is a very important feature. Proper storage options in the laundry space allow you to keep things in a well-organized manner. For this purpose, you can opt for wall closets, small cabinets and if you have enough space, you can choose to have wall drawers, as well. Additionally, you can also have open shelves painted in darker tones to complement the light color contrasts of the room and to store some needful articles.
• When you are planning a design for your laundry space, it is essential to consider all the appliances that you have and which you will be using while doing daily jobs. Use of effective appliances can help you keep your space neat, tidy and de-cluttered.
• You can choose to have lighter shades on the walls along with some tile work done, alongside the high traffic area. For complimenting the wall shades, you can opt for wood work with darker tones. Special consideration should be given to the artificial lighting sources. Homeowners must try to have bright light option in this room, so as to brighten up every corner and to work more effectively.
• If your walls have become scuffed and you are not willing to use wall paints, then using vibrantly colored wallpapers is a great idea. These days, market is flooded with wall papers of different designs and patterns from where you can easily select something of your choice. You can also use net curtains of lighter shades at window panes and spice up the atmosphere completely.
• You can arrange some racks alongside the wall to keep the clutter of unwashed clothes clean for as long as possible. If you are short of space, then you can decide on for having racks to accommodate your necessary laundry items.
These are some interesting ideas which can assist you every time while working in laundry space. It also easy downs the work load and helps you work in an absolutely uncluttered area. So tag on these helpful tips to make your laundry rooms more pleasing to work.
Originally posted 2011-10-31 07:11:50.