Nothing looks dreary and boring like blank wall. Fortunately, in the present times hanging the expensive pieces of art is not the only option. When it comes to wall decoration the options are endless. Here are some tips on how to decor the boring walls easily and without spending a fortune.
Tips on how to decor walls
• Left over pieces of fabric or wallpaper looks great when used as a wall decor. You can hang a single piece or go for gallery of items and display a large grouping of framed fabric pieces.
• Small objects when displayed in shadowboxes adds character to the home and indicts personality to your sanctuary. So, it is better to go for glamorous costume jewelry in a dressing room, vintage cooking tools in the kitchen or shells and star fish in the bathroom.
• To add twist to the section of the wall goes for chalkboard paint for a nice twist on the message board idea. To get that finished look install a molding around the home to create a frame
• Pet lovers take care: they can hang customized pet portraits. They are highly popular and low in price. Various Artists paint pet portraits and they are available in budget.
• Kids like drawing and painting. So, you can perk up their confidence levels by getting some affordable wall decor pieces by framing their drawings and hanging them up.
• Pages from old magazines and books that are falling apart make beautiful pieces of wall decal. Go for pages with interesting images like maps and frame them. Look in second hand stores and flea markets for inexpensive or affordable books.
• If it doesn’t suits you, opt for black and white photographs with a graphic punch grouped together in large number. Frame them in matching black and white frames to create a focal point.
• Vintage shutters act as a great message centers when hung in a horizontal direction on the wall. Notes and papers can be easily tucked into the sluts.
• Peel and stick wall decals are available in a wide variety of style and it allows you to adorn boring walls without making a big commitment.
• Use a stencil to make your walls from boring to pretty looking. Demask in particular adds a touch of elegance.
• Go for decorative molding for wall decor with depth. Don’t limit yourself to baseboards and crown molding rather incorporate pieces to the center of the walls. For instance, a series of square is simple and adds depth.