You may already have your own private space in your apartment, but you still feel annoyed and disgruntled for some reason you just could not figure out yet. You already have everything you need from furnishings to appliances, but you know there’s something wrong. Have you checked out the lighting, the arrangement of your furniture, or the remaining space left? In case you haven’t, here’s a tip you should take into consideration: learn to save space in your apartment.
Saving space in your apartment actually helps out in various ways. First, it gives you freedom to move around the house easily without being blocked by the pieces in your home. Second, your place becomes neater and more organized. Third, your stress because of the clutter will be reduced as you have more room to think, not to mention equally more room to bring in new items to the house.
But how can you exactly save space in your apartment? Below are a few tips and tricks.
1. Place the more important items first in their designated places. Arranging the important furnishings such as the bed, closets, stoves and sofas first is a must as these are the places where you will be spending time regularly. Once they are set, everything else may follow.
2. Settle for portable furnishings. Portable, fold-up beds and closets are becoming extremely popular these days, as they are lightweight, convenient and easy to disassemble. These items are also not difficult to rearrange, and can be placed anywhere you want in your home.
3. Make your furniture work double-time. It is also important that your furnishings have more than just one purpose. Dining tables should also serve as your work area, while your sofa should also be able to act as a bed in case you have visitors for a sleepover. This way you don’t have to arrange and rearrange your items in order to accommodate your one-time-only activities.
4. Make use of the walls. You can place cupboards on your walls, so that you have more space to put your decorations and other belongings which you don’t plan on using for a long time. Just make sure the furnishings are secured to the wall properly to avoid falling and other damage. The walls may also serve as display areas especially for the trinkets you wish to treasure.
5. Settle for basic designs and materials. Going basic is a must in saving apartment space. Plain, basic furnishings allow you to appreciate more space as compared to bulkier ones. You can also dress up these furnishings faster, and they too can blend right away with the current style trends that you want on your home.
If you want to learn more about expanding your limited apartment space, then you can consult the services of a professional interior designer. This way you are not only given schemes to follow, but as well learn more about creating a more delighting way to perk up your apartment, regardless of how small it actually is. You can also go online and check for design templates which may fit for your preferences.
Originally posted 2013-04-18 11:34:57.